As we know earlier , if the host ( ESX ) has been turned off whether it’s properly turned off or restarted without normal procedure , when the host has been started again all the VM inside the host will not started automatically , this is the default setting by the ESX i think
So , in order to make all the VM inside the host started automatically , this can be done via vSphere client
- Open & login with administrative account to your vSphere client
- Select Configuration tab > Virtual Machine Startup / Shutdown > Properties
- Make sure to check the ‘Allow virtual machines to start and stop automatically with the system’
- Select the VM , and choose the desirable order with move up button in the startup order to Automatic Startup group , then click OK button
- The default delay for startup & shutdown for each VM is ‘120 Seconds’
Hope this helps..